LESLLA - Low-educated/Illiterate Second Language LearnersSummary
LESLLA was curated by the DCS (delivered in August 2013). More info on the DCS: http://dev.clarin.nl/node/1963.Background
The LESLLA corpus dates from 2003-2005 and contains speech of 15 low educated learners of Dutch as a second language. The learners are all women. Eight learners have a Turkish background, seven learners have a Moroccan background. From these learners, data were collected over time in three cycles, with an interval of 5 months. In each cycle the participants took part in three types of tasks: (1) production tasks, (2) perception tasks, and (3) a perception task with a metalinguistic component. The production tasks included open elicitation (14,000 utterances), closed completion (4,000 utterances) and imitation (6,000 utterances). Apart from the audio files, the data consist of orthographic transcriptions. For all 15 learners there are also metadata available.Contacts
- Project leader: Ineke van de Craats, Radboud University of Nijmegen, Department of Linguistics, email@example.com
- CLARIN center: Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- Help contact : n.a.
- Web-sites: organisation: http://www.leslla.org/
- User scenario's (screencasts, screenshots): n.a.
- Manual: http://dev.clarin.nl/sites/default/files/CurationReport-LESLLA_0.pdf
- Data Link (VLO): http://catalog.clarin.eu/vlo/search?15&q=leslla&fq=collection:TLA:+CLARI...
- Data link: http://hdl.handle.net/1839/00-37EBCC6D-04A5-4598-88E2-E0F390D5FCE1@forma...@view
- Data Link (TLA): https://corpus1.mpi.nl/ds/asv/